Educator Advisory Board
We are excited to announce our first Educator Advisory Board. This group of experienced and qualified leaders in the Mississippi school district will help to advance the mission of the MCM by committing their expertise to the current and future work of the MCM Education and Programs departments.
Educator Advisory Board Members
- Rev. Dr. Martha Alexander – Deputy Director, Operation Shoestring
- Kim Corley – Homeschool Teacher
- Michael Cormack, Principal, Quitman County Elementary School
- Ruth Davis – Children’s Librarian, Eudora Welty Library
- Limeul Eubanks – Education Specialist Senior, MS Department of Education
- Terri Ford – Teacher, Mississippi School for the Blind
- Dr. Cathy Gaston – Friends of Children of Mississippi, Inc.
- Blair Hammon – Teacher, Eastside Elementary
- Dr. Gail Hammond - National Board Certified Teacher, Gifted/Venture Teacher, Northwest Rankin Elementary
- Serenity Luckett – Principal, Brown Elementary
- Robert Mack – Director, Mathematics & Science, Curriculum and Instruction, Jackson Public Schools
- Cecily McNair – Director, Mississippi Teacher Center
- Deb Proctor – Teacher, St. Andrew’s Episcopal School
- Gwenda Purnell – Math Consultant/ Coach
- Ellen Ruffin – Curator, DeGrummond Children’s Literature Collection
- London Thompson – Former Classroom Teacher, Community Volunteer
- Rhoda Yoder – Director, Language Arts & Social Studies, Curriculum and Instruction, Jackson Public Schools
Pictured in the photo are, from L to R: Blair Hammon, Alicen Blanchard (MCM Director of Education), Robert Mack, Serenity Luckett, Gwenda Purnell, Terri Ford, Ruth Davis, Kim Corley, Martha Alexander, Gail Hammond, and Chavanne McDonald (MCM Director of Programs).
Not pictured are: Limeul Eubanks, Cathy Gaston, Cecily McNair, Deb Proctor, Ellen Ruffin, London Thompson, Rhoda Yoder