MCM asks all visitors to respect the museum and other visitors to the museum. The guidelines and rules listed below are to help make everyone’s experience at MCM the most enjoyable and inspirational visit! Also there are some helpful tips listed to help prepare you for your visit.
Did you know?
- MCM is a participant in a sponsorship of the Association of Children’s Museums (ACM), which allows visitors who book the “Museum Roadtrip” package at a Howard Johnson Hotel to receive two general admission passes to MCM that can be redeemed Between May 1 and September 8, 2015. Call MCM or your local Howard Johnson Brand Hotel for details.
Museum Guidelines and Rules:
- ALL children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- We ask that all adults are accompanied by a child. To truly appreciate all that MCM has to offer, you must experience the most inspirational place imaginable with a child!
- Visitors may leave and return using their wrist bands on the same day of purchase.
- For your safety, shoes must be kept on at all times, except on RUN JUMP STICK and the SHRIMP BOAT CLIMBER.
- Food and beverages are permitted only in the Red Rocket Café.
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS are allowed in the museum.
- Please refrain from loitering, running or blocking the ramps, walkways or entryways.
- Abusive and obscene language is prohibited.
- For the safety of your children and all Museum visitors, smoking is not permitted in the Museum.
- Weapons are not permitted on Museum property.
- Please be courteous to the visitors around you.
Exhibit Guidelines and Rules:
- Return all props to their proper place after playing with them.
- Hang all costumes up after playing dress up.
- Parents are encouraged to play in the exhibits with their children.
- Remember that no food or drink is allowed in the exhibit areas.
- Please take your artwork home or place it in the provided recycle boxes.
- Be gentle with our museum so we can keep it beautiful for a long time.
- Bring a light jacket, even in the summer months. The museum stays cool year round.
- Wear comfortable shoes. There is plenty of seating for adults while children play, but you could do a lot of standing and walking with your little visitors at the exhibits.